Community Health Systems *Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator - Pharmacy - FT - Day Shift in Coatesville, Pennsylvania
To actively coordinate, on a day-to-day basis, the provision of high quality, comprehensive pharmaceutical care to patients in compliance with federal and state legal/regulatory, accreditation, and professional standards. This includes:
(1) Involvement with multiple drug distribution functions (inclusive of computerized physician order entry and/or prospective review and verification of physicians orders, IV admixture preparation, etc.)
(2) Defined clinical activities to optimize therapeutic outcomes under the guidance of the departmental and corporate directives (which include active communication with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare staff about the need to clarify and/or change an order along with documentation of intervention outcomes)
(3) Educational activities with pharmacist colleagues and other health care professionals (e.g., physicians, nurses, etc.) to maintain and advance clinical competencies
(4) Supervise and provide oversight and direction of technicians drug preparation and distribution activities to assure safe and expedient provision of pharmaceutical care to patients and staff.
(5) To professionally and clinically complete tasks needed/assigned pertaining to direct patient care while maintaining compliance with USP indicated standards.
(6) Manage and develop effective clean room procedures and policies
Education : Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited college of pharmacy
Experience: Preferred: three (3) or more years of experience in a hospital or health system or completion of pharmacy residency program
Licenses/Certificates: Pharmacist licensure in Pennsylvania.
Job: Hospital Pharmacy
Organization: Brandywine Hospital
Requisition ID: 1752854