Community Health Systems Billing Specialist 1 in Fort Smith, Arkansas
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
· Bills all primary and secondary insurance claims in a timely and accurate manner
· Demonstrates working knowledge of all appropriate billing forms, UB04, 1500 or state specified forms
· Demonstrates working knowledge of the electronic billing system with and understanding of edits and reports
· Working knowledge of federal, state, local and intermediary specific billing requirements to ensure appropriate authorizations are completed and/or notifies appropriate person of missing or incomplete billing requirements and follows up in a timely manner
· Audits each bill/account for charges, duplications and overlapped accounts before billing, making any necessary adjustments and documenting appropriately.
· Resolves claim processing issues on a timely basis by reviewing claim inventories and taking appropriate action
· Ensures accurate and complete clean claim submission for both paper and electronic claims in a timely manner
· Maintains currency in regards to methods of billing, laws, or hospital rules relating to insurance claims and electronic submission claims
· Completes the SSI daily balancing to completion each day
· Communicates timely and in a professional manner with the Billing Services Manager for any issues or billing delays identified
· Communicates with the Billing Service Manager for any charging trends or edit trends and provide examples and education to other departments (such as ancillary, patient access) to reduce errors
· Responsible for maintaining performance standards that ensure the department is operating at peak proficiency and that established goals are consistently being met.
· Work is performed under tight deadlines.
· Maintaining current knowledge and understanding of government rules, regulations.
· Ability to work with technology necessary to complete job effectively. This includes, but is not limited to, SSI, phone technology, PULSE/DAR products, eligibility tools, claim status, and scanning technology.
· Ability to perform all other duties as assigned or requested.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
High School graduate or equivalent
Minimum one (1) year billing experience in a medical facility, ambulatory surgery facility, or acute-care hospital
Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, ICD-9 and medical terminology
- Administrative Skills:
Excellent interpersonal skills required to communicate with direct staff and internal/external customers
Must possess excellent time management and organizational skills
Demonstrated critical thinking, creativity, problem solving and decision-making skills
Job: Credit & Collection
Organization: Shared Services Center - Fort Smith
Location: AR-Fort Smith
Requisition ID: 1739007