Community Health Systems Manager (Team Specialist) - Emergency Services in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer, plans, organizes and manages operational and personnel functions for the Emergency Services department. Assists leadership in the development and implementation of a budget, goals and objectives, policies and procedures, staff training, development, and quality assurance activities. Provides ongoing guidance and leadership to reporting leadership.
Licensure: Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse;
· BCLS within 60 days of hire
· ACLS within 90 days of hire
· PALS within 90 days of hire
· EKG within 90 days of hire
· NIMS within 30 days of hire
· BAT/UDS within 90 days of hire
· TB Consortium within 180 days of hire
Must complete NIMS modules ICS-100, ICS-200, and ICS -700 within 60 day of hire
Experience: Minimum of 3 to 5 years in Emergency Department setting with leadership or charge nurse responsibilities preferred.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
1) Demonstrates indepth working knowledge of the clinical/non-clinical operations, equipment and applicable regulations
in area of responsibility.
2) Demonstrates knowledge of required disciplinary planning for coordination of services and achievement of related
goals and objectives.
3) Demonstrates knowledge of leadership theory and practice to effectively lead staff in area of responsibility.
4) Requires strong analytical and organizational skills necessary to ensure the effective and quality delivery of
department services. Requires independent judgment and professional responsibility to provide leadership and
constructive feedback to administration, corporate, other departments and internal/external customers. Requires the
skills necessary to support hospital leadership in the development, administration and ongoing monitoring of the
department budget(s) within established goals and objectives.
5) Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to establish,
promote, and maintain positive working relationships with administration, the medical staff, hospital staff and all other
internal and external guests, as needed.
6) Requires general working knowledge of the normal growth, development, related behaviors, needs, comfort, and range
of treatment appropriate to the age (pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric) and diagnosis of patient served to
support the provision of an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Emergency Services
Organization: Dupont Hospital
Location: IN-Fort Wayne
Requisition ID: 1749665