Community Health Systems Patient Sitter in Martin, Tennessee
A non-licensed Patient Sitter works under the supervision and guidance of a professional staff nurse to provide observation of patients as a “sitter only.
SCOPE OF POSITION
1) Assists with helping a nursing employee when entering a patient s room.
2) Assists in ensuring, establishing, and maintaining, consistent with the philosophies of the hospital:
A productive atmosphere with high morale
Good rapport with all necessary parties (e.g. internal and external customers)
Coordinated objectives and goals designed to improve the fiscal & organizational operation.
A high quality work environment necessary for excellent patient/customer care by ensuring that standards set forth by the state, JCAHO, and other agencies are met.
3) Exercises all duties consistent with the needs of all patients/customers.
4) Is available on short notice to come in and directly observe a patient or close observation of several patients.
5) Respects all aspects of confidentiality with behavioral health patients.
6) Observes room for safe environment for behavioral health patient(s), visitors and staff members.
7) Observes patient for any behavior that could indicate potential problems for patient or staff and alerts nursing staff immediately.
High School Graduate or equivalent.
Completion of Patient Sitter training.
Successful completion of orientation period.
Job: Nursing Services
Organization: Tennova Health Care -Vol Martin
Requisition ID: 1742050