Community Health Systems Paramedic, Commonwealth Health EMS, FT, Night Shift, RWSH in Scranton, Pennsylvania
Respond to non-emergent and emergent calls as an ambulance attendant; performing necessary emergency medical care within the scope of their training.
Administer and maintain oxygen therapy, fluids, medications and at times invasive techniques on patients whose condition warrants.
Performs emergency care procedures as directed by the Commonwealth Health EMS Medical Director; following all Northeastern Pennsylvania Regional Protocols and any additional Lackawanna Ambulance policies and procedures.
Participates in continuous training programs to ensure the total annual credits required by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and Regional counsel are met and to improve theemployee s self-confidence in skills that coincide with the ever-changing prehospital setting.
Adequately learn and complete any and all Commonwealth Health EMS paperwork, documentation and computer software charting.
Familiarize themselves with the different boroughs, streets and stand-by locations in reference to the Luzerne county coverage areas and the Commonwealth Health EMS Computer Aided Dispatching system.
Participates in any and all work environment maintenance. Duties such as station upkeep, garbage removal and vehicle cleanliness is mandatory. The Lackawanna Ambulance managerial team prides themselves on appearance and expects each employee to have this same pride.
1. A High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
2. A Valid Pennsylvania Drivers License
3. Current Pennsylvania EMT-Paramedic certification
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR) certification through the
American Heart Association
5. Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support
6. Current Hazardous Materials Recognition (R&I) certification
7. Emergency Vehicle Operator s Course
8. Pediatric Advanced Life (not mandatory but current certification is recommended)
- Basic Trauma Life Support
(not mandatory but current certification is recommended)
10. Prior education on the Northeastern Regional Emergency Medical Services Protocols (additional education will be provided)
Organization: Commonwealth Health EMS
Requisition ID: 1738895