Community Health Systems Pre-Hospital RN, CH EMS (Critical Care Transport), FT, Days/Evenings/Nights, RWSH in Scranton, Pennsylvania
Skilled work in advanced emergency care in a pre-hospitalsetting. An employee in this capacityserves as one of the members of a two-person team representing not only themselvesbut Commonwealth Health EMS at all times. The Pre Hospital Registered Nurse (PHRN) is the instructed member of theteam that is responsible for all advanced emergency care. In many cases, a PHRN must administerlife-sustaining treatment in the form(s) of intravenous fluids, cardiacmonitoring and medications, endotracheal or nasotracheal intubation and or anyrelated treatment falling under the Northeastern Regional Protocols ofPennsylvania. Work and skills areperformed under the supervision of the Commonwealth Health EMS Medical Director, ashift coordinator and is peer evaluated by his or her ability to respondeffectively to and in emergency situations.
1. A High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
2. A Valid Pennsylvania Driver s License
3. Current Pennsylvania PHRN certification
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR) certification throughthe
American Heart Association
5. Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support
6. Current Hazardous MaterialsRecognition (R&I) certification
7. Emergency Vehicle Operator s Course
8. Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Basic Trauma Life Support/PHTLS/TNCC
10. Previous Neonatal experience preferred since this will be an essential part of the job.
11. Must have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant nursing experience with CCU/ICU preferred.
12. Previous flight experience preferred.
Organization: Commonwealth Health EMS
Requisition ID: 1749775