Community Health Systems Registered Echo/Vascular Technologist - SEASONAL (Starts 1/08/18) in Venice, Florida
Dual registered Echo/ Vascular Technologist under general supervision according to established policies and procedures, performs routine and complex echocardiography and vascular duplex ultrasound examinations and performs and provides preliminary interpretation of studies performed.
Responsible for clinical patient testing. This includes taking patient history and performance of a focused physical examination. Technical competence in all procedures performed within the Echocardiography Laboratory shall be demonstrated including Transthoracic, Transesophageal and Stress Echocardiography examinations. This requires a comprehensive knowledge of Ultrasound physics, Hemodynamic principals and Cardiac and Vascular anatomy and physiology. Additionally, an extensive understanding of Cardiovascular pathology, it's natural history and surgical/non-surgical treatment is required. Records will be maintained according to Departmental policy in an acceptable format for compliance of documents for the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission of Echocardiography and for periodic review among the medical and technical staff. This requires some knowledge of a wide variety of diagnostic imaging procedures including angiography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and computerized tomography (CT) and others in order to facilitate review of these studies as correlative data for quality assurance purposes. A working knowledge of cardiovascular surgical procedures is also necessary.
January 8, 2018 – April 29, 2018
- 16 week commitment
$42/hour with $3500 Completion Bonus!
Education / Licenses / Certifications:
· Associate Degree of post high school education deemed equivalent.
· American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or registry eligible REQUIRED.
· Must meet any and all current Florida state requirements.
· Previous experience REQUIRED for PRN / Seasonal positions.
· Demonstration of competence in the performance of Transthoracic, Transesophageal, contrast and Stress Echocardiography examinations.
Job: Imaging - Radiology
Organization: Venice Regional Bayfront Health
Requisition ID: 1735326