Community Health Systems SSC A/R (Managed Medicare) Supervisor in Antioch, Tennessee
Community Health Systems (CHS) Shared Services Center (SSC) Nashville, is hiring an Accounts Receivable (Collections - Managed Medicare) Supervisor. This position is responsible for the supervision of assigned collections staff; ensuring that all delegated tasks are successfully completed within departmental guidelines, and federal, state regulatory requirements. The A/R Supervisor is also responsible for implementing and monitoring team goals and objectives under the administrative direction of the A/R Manager and Chief Operating Officer.
CHS is one of the leading operatorsof general acute care hospitals in the nation. The organizations affiliatesown, operate or lease 118 hospitals in 20 states (mainly in the SE) withapproximately 20,000 license beds and 90,000 employees. These affiliatedhospitals are dedicated to providing quality healthcare for local residents andcontribute to the economic development of their communities.
This position supports revenue cycle operationson behalf of the SSC assigned facilities (hospitals). The affiliated hospitalsviability is based upon the SSC's ability to collect revenues for thoseservices. In over 60 of the markets served, CHS affiliated hospitals are thesole provider of healthcare services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
• Effectively manages staff performance and workload.
• Analyzes and monitors revenue cycle and accounts receivable metrics focusing on accounts receivable measures.
• Identify, resolve, and report issues impacting performance objectives.
• Responsible for ensuring timely and successful completion of assigned tasks.
• Responsible for accurate and timely review and approval of transactions including adjustments and write-offs.
• Responsible for oversight of staff training and performance improvement.
• Ensures all assigned reports and worklists are worked and completed.
• Identifies staffing needs and communicate those needs to the A/R Manager.
• Assures productivity and quality standards are met for each team member.
• Coaches and counsels staff with disciplinary and productivity issues.
• Interviews and assists in hiring new employees.
• Performs reviews for each Collector.
Qualifications/knowledge/abilities: The functions listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to complete this job successfully:
• Overall knowledge of hospital Revenue Cycle.
• Demonstrated successful collection and management leadership experience preferably in a multi-hospital environment.
• Possess strong analytical skills.
• Proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
• Highly developed and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently in a manner to achieve goals, objectives, and productivity requirements.
• Any supervision of employees would be highly desirable.
• Effectively utilize Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
• Any knowledge and use of Artiva, HMS, OnBase, SSI Billing and HARP posting systems are a plus.
• High school graduate. College degree highly desired.
• Minimum one year experience in a supervisory role strongly preferred.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note: This position requires that you work out of the newly constructed Cane Ridge Shared Services Center (SSC) in Antioch, TN.
Job: Business Office
Organization: Shared Services Center - Franklin
Requisition ID: 1838955