Community Health Systems SSC Customer Service Manager in Antioch, Tennessee
Community Health Systems (CHS) Shared Services Center (SSC) Nashville, is hiring a Customer Service Manager. This position is responsible for the leadership and management of the customer service team. The Manager is also responsible for implementing and monitoring the Shared Services Center s goals and objectives under the direction of the Shared Services Center s Director of Customer Service and the Senior Director.
CHS is one of the leading operators of general acute care hospitals in the nation. The organizations affiliates own, operate or lease 120 hospitals in 20 states (mainly in the SE) with approximately 21,000 license beds and 90,000 employees. These affiliated hospitals are dedicated to providing quality healthcare for local residents and contribute to the economic development of their communities.
This position supports revenue cycle operations on behalf of the SSC assigned facilities (hospitals). The affiliated hospitals viability is based upon the SSC's ability to collect revenues for those services. In over 60% of the markets served, CHS affiliated hospitals are the sole provider of healthcare services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned).
• Resolve the escalation of patient concerns in a timely manner.
• Create and maintain a close relationship with vendors, attorneys and other outside entities.
• Work with Customer Service Representatives (CSR s) to ensure all daily workflow is current.
• Assess each account for balance accuracy, payer plan and financial class accuracy, billing accuracy, denials, insurance requests, making any necessary adjustments, documenting appropriately and submits corrections or request for processing in a timely manner.
• Provide training, support and assistance to customer service teams when needed.
• Review CSR calls on a regular basis to ensure HIPAA guidelines, protocols and procedures are being followed.
• Ensure all PCI (Payment Card Industry) guidelines are being followed by staff.
• Provide appropriate audit request to individual facilities.
• Corresponds with hospital BOM s and CFO s when needed to obtain outstanding detail for reports.
• Assure compliance with all hospital and regulatory policies and procedures related to responsibility.
• Promote teamwork by assisting co-workers when help is needed while portraying a positive attitude.
• Performs other duties as directed by the Director of Customer Service.
Qualifications/knowledge/abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to complete this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Knowledgeable about medical revenue cycle processes; from scheduling through agency placement and final account disposition. Including experience with EOBs, Remits, and UB-04s.
• Experience with insurance collections follow-up.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
• Direct supervision of 20 plus employees.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively by developing relationships with leaders, peers and/or others that facilitate open dialogue and trust.
• Effectively utilize Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
• Knowledge and use of HMS, SSI Billing, and Artiva is highly desired.
• High school graduate. Bachelor s degree highly preferred.
• Minimum of several years experience in a customer service management role, preferably in a hospital and/or call center environment highly desired.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note: This position requires that you work out of the newly constructed Cane Ridge Shared Services Center (SSC) in Antioch, TN.
Job: Business Office
Organization: Shared Services Center - Franklin
Requisition ID: 1829116