Community Health Systems SSC Payment Research Analyst in Antioch, Tennessee
Community Health Systems (CHS) Shared Services Center (SSC) Nashville, is hiring a Payment Research Analyst. This position is responsible for researching all missing and unapplied payments/revenues and ensures they are posted to the appropriate account in HMS (Health Management Systems) tool.
CHS is one of the leading operatorsof general acute care hospitals in the nation. The organizations affiliatesown, operate or lease 119 hospitals in 20 states (mainly in the SE) withapproximately 21,000 license beds and 90,000 employees. These affiliatedhospitals are dedicated to providing quality healthcare for local residents andcontribute to the economic development of their communities.
This positionsupports revenue cycle operations on behalf of the SSC assigned facilities(hospitals). The affiliated hospitals viability is based upon the SSC's abilityto collect revenues for those services. In over 60 of the markets served, CHSaffiliated hospitals are the sole provider of healthcare services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned):
• Assist the Cash Services Leadership with special projects with the department.
• Monitor and works the unidentified accounts for all facilities.
• Reviews all incoming BARRT requests for payment research with 72 hours.
• Works to identify and resolve all missing and/or unapplied payments.
• Document activity on each patient account (via computer system).
• Calls insurance companies to research missing payments and request copies of remits.
• Ensure confidentiality of all patient accounts by following HIPAA guidelines.
• Process account adjustments by preparing Adjustment Worksheet and routing to Manager.
Qualifications/knowledge/abilities: The functions listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to complete this job successfully:
• Must be able to follow directions and perform work according to department standards.
• Must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to investigate, resolve, and follow through with all patient and billing questions.
• Understand and be able to read hospital remittance and EOBs (explanation of benefits).
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
• Hospital patient accounting and billing systems.
• HS graduate/GED minimally, additional education is a plus.
• Hospital insurance collections background preferred.
• Medical/hospital business office background extremely helpful.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note: This position requires that you work out of the newly constructed Cane Ridge Shared Services Center (SSC) in Antioch, TN.
Job: Business Office
Organization: Shared Services Center - Franklin
Requisition ID: 1823903