Community Health Systems SSC Revenue Cycle Billing Trainer in Antioch, Tennessee
Community Health Systems (CHS) - Shared Services Center (SSC) - Nashville, is hiring for a Revenue Cycle Billing Trainer. Responsible for delivering education/training programs for all SSC Billing staff. The Trainer will assist with the development and maintenance of billing training materials, and provide feedback to Director for process improvements.
CHS is one of the leading operatorsof general acute care hospitals in the nation. The organizations affiliatesown, operate or lease 120 hospitals in 20 states (mainly in the SE) withapproximately 21,000 license beds and 90,000 employees. These affiliatedhospitals are dedicated to providing quality healthcare for local residents andcontribute to the economic development of their communities.
This positionsupports revenue cycle operations on behalf of the SSC assigned facilities(hospitals). The affiliated hospitals viability is based upon the SSC's abilityto collect revenues for those services. In over 60 of the markets served, CHSaffiliated hospitals are the sole provider of healthcare services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned):
• Maintain current knowledge of all billing processes and operations, job specific requirements, and related regulations.
• Cross-train in the various areas of billing.
• Lead the development and maintenance of billing process-specific, competency -based education programs that will include train the trainer and end-user programs, along with the SSC Training/QA team.
• Assist in the development and implementation of activities associated with the SSC Billing Education plan.
• Provide and teach new hire training classes.
• Complete ongoing Quality Assurance (QA) to identify and define training needs, operational improvements, or policy/process updates.
• Provide and teach continuing education to SSC Billing staff to ensure billers are meeting expectations.
• Work to improve current operations by identifying inefficiencies, recurring issues, and by making suggestions to the Director.
• Utilize available standardized courses, modules.
• Assist with daily billing operations when needed i.e. billing claims, special projects, etc.
• Identify additional training needs.
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of conduct philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.
• Performs other required duties in a timely, professional, and accurate manner.
Qualifications/Knowledge/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Knowledge of insurance claims and billing processes.
• Working knowledge of all appropriate billing forms including the following: UB-04, 1500 or state specified forms, and HCPC/CPT.
• Knowledge of federal, state, local and intermediary specific billing requirements a plus.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, validate data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Hospital patient accounting systems and billing systems preferred.
• Previous experience with SSI billing system or any healthcare billing systems.
• Any experience with Artiva very helpful.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
• High School Graduate minimum education requirement (any additional education a plus).
• Medical office/hospital billing experience highly desired.
• Solid overall computer skills.
Please note: This position requires that you be able to work out of the newly constructed Cane Ridge Shared Services Center (SSC) in Antioch, TN.
Job: Business Office
Organization: Shared Services Center - Franklin
Requisition ID: 1831467