Community Health Systems SSC Senior Insurance Collector in Antioch, Tennessee
Community Health Systems (CHS) Shared Services Center (SSC) Nashville, is hiring a Senior Insurance Collector. This position performs collection follow-up on insurance outstanding balances, identification of claim problems and resolution on complex claims. Must be able to analyze patient accounts to secure and provide information to help resolve any discrepancies regarding accounts with contact to the insurance companies, government agencies, patients and other responsible parties. Under direction of leadership, takes the lead on AR review projects, inclusive of coordination, providing education and direction to team.
CHS is one of the leading operators of general acute care hospitals in the nation. The organizations affiliates own, operate or lease 120 hospitals in 20 states (mainly in the SE) with approximately 21,000 license beds and 90,000 employees. These affiliated hospitals are dedicated to providing quality healthcare for local residents and contribute to the economic development of their communities.
This position supports revenue cycle operations on behalf of the SSC assigned facilities (hospitals). The affiliated hospitals viability is based upon the SSC's ability to collect revenues for those services. In over 60 of the markets served, CHS affiliated hospitals are the sole provider of healthcare services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned).
• Performs all duties as a Collections Specialist.
• Responsible for taking the lead on AR review and clean-up of new hospitals migrating into the SSC.
• Under the direction of Leadership, responsible for coordinating projects and ensuring completion.
• Functions as the point person for staff in assigned area to provide basic guidance and training.
• May provide initial on-the-job training to new staff and remedial training to existing staff.
• Responsible for A/R reporting and analysis.
Qualifications/knowledge/abilities: The functions listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to complete this job successfully:
• Excellent interpersonal skills required to communicate with direct staff and internal/external customers.
• Must possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated critical thinking, creativity, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
• Must be able to work in a fast pace environment and respond quickly to changes and priorities.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, validate data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Effectively utilize Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
• Knowledge and use of hospital patient accounting systems (Artiva, HMS, OnBase, SSI Billing and HARP posting systems are a plus).
• High school graduate. College degree highly desired.
• Minimum three years experience in an Insurance Collector role, preferably with experience in a medical facility, ambulatory surgical facility or acute-care hospital.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note: This position requires that you work out of the newly constructed Cane Ridge Shared Services Center (SSC) in Antioch, TN.
Job: Business Office
Organization: Shared Services Center - Franklin
Requisition ID: 1827090
This organization does not discriminate in any way to deprive any person of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect the status of any employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or military or uniformed services, in accordance with all applicable governmental laws and regulations. In addition, the facility complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.