Community Health Systems SSC Special Projects and Collections Support Manager in Antioch, Tennessee
Community Health Systems (CHS) – Shared Services Center (SSC) - Nashville, is hiring a Special Projects and Collections Support Manager. This position is responsible for the management and supervision of the Collections team and ensuring that insurance follow-up and collections activities are successfully completed within department guidelines and federal, state regulatory requirements. The Special Projects and Collections Support Manager is also responsible for implementing and monitoring Collection team goals and objectives under the administrative direction of the Operations Director and Chief Operating Officer.
CHS is one of the leading operatorsof general acute care hospitals in the nation. The organizations affiliatesown, operate or lease 118 hospitals in 20 states (mainly in the SE) withapproximately 20,000 license beds and 90,000 employees. These affiliatedhospitals are dedicated to providing quality healthcare for local residents andcontribute to the economic development of their communities.
This positionsupports revenue cycle operations on behalf of the SSC assigned facilities(hospitals). The affiliated hospitals viability is based upon the SSC's abilityto collect revenues for those services. In over 60 of the markets served, CHSaffiliated hospitals are the sole provider of healthcare services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned).
For assigned financial classes/payor groups:
• Effectively manages staff performance and workload.
• Analyzes and monitors revenue cycle and accounts receivable metrics focusing on collections and accounts receivable measures.
• Establishes a working relationship with provider representatives to resolve payor issues in a timely manner. Escalates unresolved issues to Operations Director for assistance.
• Identify, resolve, and report issues impacting performance objectives.
• Responsible for ensuring timely and successful working resolution of daily correspondence, third party denials, and assigned follow-up work lists.
• Responsible for accurate and timely review and approval of transactions including adjustments and write-offs.
• Reviews and works all collections workflow status and exception reports daily, weekly and monthly.
• Responsible for oversight of insurance follow-up and development of new programming to improve performance.
• Ensures all assigned reports and collector worklists are worked and completed.
• Tracks and communicates insurance follow-up delays and issues for management resolution.
• May serve as SSC contact for hospital stakeholders and participate in all denials, compliance, and other revenue cycle monthly meetings.
• Identifies staffing needs and communicate those needs to the Operations Director.
• Assures productivity and quality standards are met for each collector.
• Coaches and counsels staff with disciplinary and productivity issues.
• Interviews and hires new employees.
• Performs reviews for each Collector, quarterly/annually.
Qualifications/knowledge/abilities: The functions listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to complete this job successfully:
• Overall knowledge of hospital Revenue Cycle.
• Demonstrated successful collection and management leadership experience preferably in a multi-hospital environment.
• Possess strong analytical skills.
• Proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
• Highly developed and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently in a manner to achieve goals, objectives, and productivity requirements.
• Direct supervision of approximately 30 employees.
• Effectively utilize Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
• Knowledge and use of Artiva, HMS, OnBase, SSI Billing and HARP posting systems are a plus.
• High school graduate. College degree highly desired.
• Minimum three years experience in a leadership role, preferably with AR collections, in a multi-hospital environment.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note: This position requires that you work out of the newly constructed Cane Ridge Shared Services Center (SSC) in Antioch, TN.
Job: Business Office
Organization: Shared Services Center - Franklin
Requisition ID: 1838648