Community Health Systems A/R Supervisor in Fort Smith, Arkansas
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
Performs all other duties as defined under the job description – reimbursement specialist:
· Monitors, tracks, and manages team s productivity. Reviews productivity benchmarks and targets for appropriateness. Coaches and counsels associates regarding productivity.
· Monitors, tracks, and manages quality of work, including account resolution and notation of activities.
· Manages teams time and attendance; including scheduling, review and approval of time off requests, entering and adjusting timekeeping in Kronos, and tracking of attendance in accordance with policy.
· Provides coaching and counseling to team associates and participates in any necessary disciplinary action
· Participates in 30, 60, and 90 day evaluations for newly hired associates.
· Participates in annual evaluations for team s associates.
· Assists in associate rounding.
· Evaluates team s daily workload and adjusts schedules and account assignment accordingly. Communicates issues, resource or other needs, and changes to the manager and/or other leadership as appropriate. Communicates daily work plan to the team. Monitors progress throughout the day and adjusts work assignments accordingly. Assures that all assignments due are completed prior to departure of associates each day.
· Review team and individual associate performance daily, including handling and resolution of accounts, documentation and noting of account status and activities, and adherence to appropriate procedures.
· Obtains and maintains associate IT access for all necessary information systems, software, and websites.
· Continually evaluates processes and opportunities and makes recommendation for process improvement and/or necessary changes.
· Maintains current knowledge of payer processes and requirements.
· Assists associates with difficult account resolution.
· Assists in research of claims payment issues and cash opportunities.
· Ensures confidentiality of all patient accounts by following HIPAA guidelines.
· Responsible for awareness and adherence to the current department policies and procedures.
· Attends in-services, education sessions and department meetings as scheduled.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· This is a Safety Sensitive Position.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Prefer minimum of 5 years of Healthcare Revenue Cycle/Finance/Business education and/or experience.
· Must have at least 2 years of experience using Personal Computers/Software
· Previous supervisory/lead experience preferred.
· Ability to demonstrate leadership, makes sound judgments and recommendations, and provide guidance to others.
· Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office; including Word and Excel.
· Working knowledge of insurance claim filing regulations and requirements
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Detail oriented, problem solving and decision-making skills
· Must possess excellent time management and organizational skills
· Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
· Working knowledge of the revenue cycle
· Familiarity with medical terminology
· Experience in UB-04 and/or HCFA 1500 insurance claim filing and follow up
· Experience in use of Gaffey/ClaimIQ work flow tool
Job: Credit & Collection
Organization: Shared Services Center - Fort Smith
Location: AR-Fort Smith
Requisition ID: 1840455
This organization does not discriminate in any way to deprive any person of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect the status of any employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or military or uniformed services, in accordance with all applicable governmental laws and regulations. In addition, the facility complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.