Community Health Systems Executive Director of Inpatient Operations (RN) in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Under the administrative direction of the Chief Nursing Officer, ensures compliance with regulatory agencies impacting nursing care in an acute healthcare facility; develops, implements and monitors goals and objectives of nursing service divisions to most effectively integrate its technical and human resources to support the organization's mission. Plans, manages, evaluates, and provides for the delivery of patient care, having 24-hour primary responsibility through optimal utilization of technical and human resources. Responsible for business and administrative activities such as:
management responsibility for patient care operations
assist in facility business planning and operations development
development of operating and capital budgets, and monitoring revenues/expenses and capital budget for scope of operations
implementation of business plan, progress reports and action plans
works with physician groups on evaluation of new technology, expansion of service lines, review of outcomes data for performance improvement
identification of regional outreach opportunities providing community education programs and relationships
assists in recruitment of specialty physicians to the region supporting staff
develops customer service and quality goals
collaborates with Community Relations/Marketing
ensures compliance with regulatory guidelines
other duties as assigned
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications:
Current licensure in Indiana as a registered nurse. BCLS within 30 days of hire.
Five to seven years progressively more responsible experience in nursing procedures, with progressive management experience which includes developing, implementing and maintaining nursing care policies and procedures. Knowledge of inpatient service lines strongly preferred.
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of a master s degree in Business, Health Administration, Nursing or equivalent. Master s degree may be waived in lieu of seven to ten years related experience and a bachelor s degree in a related area.
Job Knowledge & Skills:
1) Demonstrates working knowledge of English language, verbal and written
2) Demonstrates extensive knowledge of patient care policies, procedures and equipment utilized and strong knowledge of applicable regulations for assigned division and other patient care units.
3) Demonstrates knowledge of management theory and practice to effectively lead unit associates.
4) Requires in-depth working knowledge of the normal growth, development, related behaviors, needs, comfort, and range of treatment appropriate to the age ( including neonate, child, adolescent, aging adult) and diagnosis of patient served to support the provision of an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care.
5) Requires strong analytical and organizational skills in order to direct and coordinate activities in assigned division, effectively develop staff, develop and monitor budget, short and long range planning and solve complex technical and human resource problems to ensure optimal development and maintenance service lines.
6) Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively interact and external unit customers, as needed.
7) Requires ability to coordinate services by coordination with colleagues, physicians and community organizations.
Organization: Dupont Hospital
Location: IN-Fort Wayne
Requisition ID: 1822595