Community Health Systems Registered Nurse- Birthplace- L&D - Per Diem Tier III in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Under the immediate direction of the Team Specialist/Team Leader or other designated clinical management as assigned, functions as a clinical nurse mentor/preceptor with responsibility for the delivery of individualized, effective nursing care to a module of patients.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse;
· BCLS within 30 days of hire
· ACLS within 6 months of hire
· NRP within 90 days of hire
· STABLE within 6 months of hire
· AACN EKG within 90 days of hire
As demonstrated through progression of the clinical ladder behaviors.
Completion of a nursing program diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing.
Job Knowledge & Skills:
1) Demonstrates working knowledge of the English language, verbal and written.
2) Demonstrates strong working knowledge of interdisciplinary planning, as well as nursing practice procedures, equipment utilized and applicable regulations. (Refer to unit specific knowledge guidelines for those applicable to area of assignment.)
3) Requires general working knowledge of the normal growth, development, related behaviors, needs,comfort, and range of treatment appropriate to the age (including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult,geriatric) and diagnosis of patient served to support the provision of an individualized interdisciplinaryplan of care. (Refer to unit specific knowledge guidelines for ages of patients served in area ofassignment.)
4) Requires strong analytical and organizational skills necessary to assess, develop and implement individualized plans of patient care/education in changing patient and module situations through the recognition of actual and potential problems, patient/family involvement, and the collection of data related to unit nursing care concerns.
5) Requires leadership skills in order to provide constructive feedback to peers regarding nursing issues,participate in unit based decision making and support changes made.
6) Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written in order to establish and maintain positive therapeutic/working relationships with all internal and external unit customers, as needed.
LHN s commitment to employee growth and satisfaction continues with our Per Diem program. This innovative approach to staffing is unit-based—meaning PRN team members will have a home department , with consistent communication channels , clear expectations , strengthened team relationships , patient-focused scheduling and enhanced opportunities for professional learning and growth . Most importantly, LHN patients will benefit from teams that have the valuable experience, specialized skills and training unique to their department.
Scheduling Commitment Opportunities:
Per Diem Tier 2
The base hourly rate, plus a 248/hr premium , is paid for working at least 36 assigned hours per 2-week pay period (including one weekday and one potential weekend shift) and two assigned holidays per year (one spring/summer and one fall/winter).
Per Diem Tier 3
The base hourly rate, plus a 2410/hr premium , is paid for working at least 48 assigned hours per 2-week pay period (including two weekdays and two potential weekend shifts) and two assigned holidays per year (one spring/summer and one fall/winter).
An equal opportunity employer
Job: Obstetrics (Labor & Delivery , Maternal Child)
Organization: Dupont Hospital
Location: IN-Fort Wayne
Requisition ID: 1832889