Community Health Systems Registered Nurse- Surgery (Full-time, 36 hrs. per wk., days, Weekend Premium) in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Under the immediate direction of the Team Specialist/Team Leader or other designated clinical management as assigned, functions as a clinical nurse mentor/preceptor with responsibility for the delivery of individualized, effective nursing care to a module of patients.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse
· BCLS within 30 days of hire
· ACLS within 90 days of hire
· Intro to EKG with Certification within 90 days of hire
As demonstrated through progression of the clinical ladder behaviors.
Completion of a nursing program diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing.
· Must complete NIMS modules ICS-100 and ICS-200 within 30 day of hire
Job Knowledge & Skills:
1) Demonstrates working knowledge of the English language, verbal and written.
2) Demonstrates strong working knowledge of interdisciplinary planning, as well as nursing practice procedures, equipment utilized and applicable regulations. (Refer to unit specific knowledge guidelines for those applicable to area of assignment.)
3) Requires general working knowledge of the normal growth, development, related behaviors, needs, comfort, and range of treatment appropriate to the age (including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric) and diagnosis of patient served to support the provision of an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care. (Refer to unit specific knowledge guidelines for ages of patients served in area of assignment.)
4) Requires strong analytical and organizational skills necessary to assess, develop and implement individualized plans of patient care/education in changing patient and module situations through the
recognition of actual and potential problems, patient/family involvement, and the collection of data related to unit nursing care concerns.
5) Requires leadership skills in order to provide constructive feedback to peers regarding nursing issues, participate in unit based decision making and support changes made.
6) Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written in order to establish and maintain positive therapeutic/working relationships with all internal and external unit customers, as needed .
Weekend Premium: T wo or three assigned eight or twelve hours (or a total minimum of 16 worked hours between 3:00 p.m. Friday and 7:30 a.m. Monday) every weekend.
o I may elect to have four weekends off per year, but no more than two consecutive weekends off at the discretion of department management.
o I understand that I will be paid a premium of 248.00 per hour for working in this program and that overtime for the Weekend Premium Program is paid at one and one half times my premium rate.
o I may have one additional “free shift off per quarter if I find a replacement and replacement does not result in overtime. This must be approved by the department management.
o If I am absent for two or more shifts within a quarter, I will be subject to discontinuance of participation in the program. The position will be evaluated after six months.
o I understand I am eligible for the benefits made available to regular team members, based on benefit eligibility requirements.
o I will work every holiday that falls on the weekend shift. I understand that if I work any hours that are included in the designated holiday time, I will be paid at Holiday rate.
o I understand I am eligible to work hours during the week but without any additional premium pay.
o I understand that should the hospital determine that this program does not meet the needs of the facility, this program may be discontinued at any time.
o I understand that my compensation is in compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Nursing Services
Organization: Dupont Hospital
Location: IN-Fort Wayne
Requisition ID: 1837712