Community Health Systems RN- Med/Surg- ICU Float, (PRN) Per Diem Tier III, days in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Under the immediate direction of the Team Specialist/Team Leader or other designated clinical management as assigned, functions as a clinical nurse mentor/preceptor with responsibility for the delivery of individualized, effective nursing care to a module of patients.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse;
· BCLS within 30 days of hire
· ACLS within 1 year of hire
· Intro to EKG within 90 days of hire
· TB Consortium certificate within 180 days of hire
As demonstrated through progression of the clinical ladder behaviors.
Completion of a nursing program diploma or Associates/Bachelors Degree in Nursing from an
accredited school of nursing.
· Must complete Basic Core Nursing class within 6 months of hire.
· Must complete NIMS modules ICS-100 and ICS-200 within 30 day of hire
Job Knowledge & Skills:
1) Demonstrates working knowledge of the English language, verbal and written.
2) Demonstrates strong working knowledge of interdisciplinary planning, as well as nursing practiceprocedures, equipment utilized and applicable regulations. (Refer to unit specific knowledge guidelines for those applicable to area of assignment.)
3) Requires general working knowledge of the normal growth, development, related behaviors, needs,comfort, and range of treatment appropriate to the age (including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult,geriatric) and diagnosis of patient served to support the provision of an individualized interdisciplinaryplan of care. (Refer to unit specific knowledge guidelines for ages of patients served in area ofassignment.)
4) Requires strong analytical and organizational skills necessary to assess, develop and implementindividualized plans of patient care/education in changing patient and module situations through the recognition of actual and potential problems, patient/family involvement, and the collection of datarelated to unit nursing care concerns.
5) Requires leadership skills in order to provide constructive feedback to peers regarding nursing issues, participate in unit based decision making and support changes made.
6) Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written in order to establish and maintain positive therapeutic/working relationships with all internal and external unitcustomers, as needed.
TIER 3 OPTION :
WEEKDAYS AND WEEKENDS, ANY SHIFTS- BASE HOURLY RATE $10.00 PER HOUR PREMIUM $2 premium
The Team schedule will be posted after the Med/Surg and ICU schedules have been posted
The staffing needs for specific areas will be clearly marked on the scheduled:
RN will be scheduled by department leaders
Must be available for potential assignment of 6 weekend shifts per 6 week schedule
Must be available for potential assignment of 3 Holidays per year to include at least one from each category
Must not have another position that interferes with scheduling of this position Scheduling guidelines may change to meet hospital needs
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Medical / Surgical Unit
Organization: Dupont Hospital
Location: IN-Fort Wayne
Requisition ID: 1819439