Community Health Systems Neuroscience Technician I - Tennova Medical Group, FT, Days in Knoxville, Tennessee
A Neuroscience Technician performs testing on both inpatients and outpatients of all ages.
· Perform EEG and Nerve Conduction testing in accordance with the guidelines established by the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society. Long term EEG monitoring for both inpatients and outpatients may also be assigned to this role.
· Care for and maintain EEG and NCT/EMG equipment.
· Set-up and calibrate equipment
· Apply electrodes according to guidelines set up by the lab protocol
Reporting & Documentation:
· Process and file Neuroscience reports
· Be able to perform essential duties in the EPIC system
· Recognize and record clinical and physiological events
· Monitoring EEG testing requires validating EEG signal quality and EKG throughout study,recognize artifact from seizure data, note and correct equipment malfunctions
· High School diploma or GED required
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) provider required
· A minimum of one year college level health sciences courses or an educationbackground which includes training in other allied health profession
· Registry in electroencephalography (R. EEG T.) , evoked potentials (R. EP T.) , and nerve conduction studies (R. NCS T.) **.
Job: Physicians Office
Requisition ID: 1819975
This organization does not discriminate in any way to deprive any person of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect the status of any employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or military or uniformed services, in accordance with all applicable governmental laws and regulations. In addition, the facility complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.