Community Health Systems Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Leesville, Louisiana
"All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin".
The Certified Nursing Assistant performs routine duties within the limits of training and certification in caring for the hospitalized patient under the direction of a Registered Nurse or LPN. Helps patients by supporting personal hygiene and daily living needs; providing comfort and monitoring of vital signs. Performs other duties related to the work described below.
High School Graduate or hold a GED certificate
Completed an approved certified nursing assistant course
Certifications / Licenses:
Current Louisiana State Certified Nurse Assistant Certificate
Current Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) Certification
- Must have a minimum of six months experience
Certified Nursing Assistant Job Duties:
· Provides patients' personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, shampoos, and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom, showers and baths.
· Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning patients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
· Provides adjunct care by administering enemas, douches, non-sterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz and therapeutic baths; applying restraints.
· Maintains patient stability by checking vital signs and weight; testing urine; recording intake and output information.
· Provides patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials; transporting patients; answering patients' call lights and requests; reporting observations of the patient to RN or LPN on duty.
· Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and electronic medical records.
· Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures.
· Protects organization's value by keeping patient information confidential.
· Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and JACHO standards.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations; maintaining licensure.
· Enhances nursing department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Job: Medical / Surgical Unit
Organization: Byrd Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 1754480