Community Health Systems SSC Cash Poster in Nashville, Tennessee
Community Health Systems (CHS) Shared Services Center (SSC) Nashville, is hiring a Cashier Poster for our newly constructed Cane Ridge SSC location. This position is responsible for accurately preparing and posting patient, payer payments to patient accounts. Prepares the daily deposits and accurately balances the daily lockbox, EFT, local depository and credit card payments.
CHS owns 127 community based hospitals (mainly in the SE), with approximately 120,000 employees across the country. This position would support revenue cycle operations on behalf of the SSC's assigned facilities (hospitals). The SSC ensures that CHS hospitals get reimbursed for the services that they provide. CHS hospitals viability is based upon the SSC's ability to collect revenues for those services and allows CHS to continue to serve communities that otherwise would be without a healthcare provider.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
• Obtain daily lockbox report from Bank of America and balance lockbox totals.
• Sort batches by payer and complete daily balancing sheet.
• Prepare all received remittance advices and explanation of benefits (EOBs) for cash posting.
• Post cash accurately and timely.
• Report immediately to management any discrepancy in lock box totals.
• Post account adjustments.
• Process credit card payments.
• Prepare and post all correspondence.
Qualifications/knowledge/abilities: The functions listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to complete this job successfully:
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Ability to read and interpret payer remittance and EOBs to include CARC and RARC codes in order to determine contractual adjustment is highly desired.
• Highly prefer someone who s worked with federal, state and local insurance billing requirements.
• Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions extremely desirable.
• Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
• Very helpful to have knowledge of hospital patient accounting/billing systems (UB-04, Artiva, HMS, BAART, etc.).
• High school graduate/GED and additional education a plus.
• Any experience working in a medical/hospital business office an added plus.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please Note: This position requires that you be able to work out of the newly constructed Cane Ridge Shared Services Center (SSC) in Antioch, TN.
Job: Business Office
Organization: Shared Services Center - Franklin
Requisition ID: 1813689