Community Health Systems Lead Dispatcher, Commonwealth Health EMS, FT, All Shifts, RWSH in Scranton, Pennsylvania
· Receives all incoming telephone inquiries and requests for assistance regarding patient transport. Refers all appropriate requests, according to protocol, to other essential Commonwealth Health EMS staff.
· Activates ambulance staff and accurately relays information concerning the location and condition of the patient.
· Activates ambulance staff in response to requests for routine or emergency medical assistance.
· Operates base station radios, conducting all radio communication. In accordance with applicable state and federal regulations, provides necessary communication assistance in cooperation with other agencies, including ambulances, law enforcement, fire department, rescue groups, helicopters and hospitals.
· Maintains radio contact with Ambulance Staff at all times.
· Receives and appropriately coordinates all center-to-ambulance radio communication in conjunction with established procedures.
· Communicates in a clear, concise and professional manner with transport team, requesting agencies, hospital staff, physicians, and public safety personnel.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job position.
Education and/or Experience – GED or High School graduation required. EMS communications experience required; EMT or equivalent license preferred. Interpersonal skills and ability to function calmly in stressful situations. Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations for emergency transport communications, some understanding of medical terminology, and functional understanding of communications equipment (telephone, radios, recording equipment, computers). General knowledge and recall of geographical region of service area and familiarization with map reading.
Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret general business documents, policies and procedures, and regulatory guidelines. Ability to write reports and meet documentation requirements of the job. Ability to present information effectively and respond appropriately to questions from internal and external customers and the general public. Ability to speak and hear clearly without impairment.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to prioritize, organize and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
Computer Skills - Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, etc. Computer experience in Windows preferred with some knowledge of database operations.
Organization: Commonwealth Health EMS
Requisition ID: 1837723