Community Health Systems Director of Hospitality Services - FTE 1.0 - Days in Watsonville, California
The Director of Hospitality Services is responsible for the direct supervision of the Environmental Services (Housekeeping) and Food and Nutrition Services for the facility maintaining a survey ready staff and service organization focused on patient satisfaction. Provides in-service and education to staff and other hospital employees regarding their scope of responsibility. Effectively manages cost and quality of services including service contracts. Is responsible for budgets, long and short range planning for staffing, equipment and services. Attends and participates in required hospital meetings and functions. Gathers reports and presents statistics as needed to committees, Administration and outside agencies. Coordinates The Joint Commission preparedness and responds to all regulatory and/or accrediting agencies within job scope. Maintains full knowledge of pertinent regulatory agencies and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations for a healthcare environment.
Must have at least one of the following requirements:
1) A baccalaureate degree with major studies in food and nutrition, dietetics or food management AND one year of experience in the dietetic service of a licensed health facility.
2) A graduate of a dietetic technician training program approved by the American Dietetic Association, accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education, or currently registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
3) A graduate of a dietetic assistant training program approved by the American Dietetic Association.
4) Is a Certified Dietary Manager credentialed by the Certifying Board of Dietary Managers Association and maintains this certification with at least six hours of in-service training on the specific California dietary service requirements (Title 22).
5) A graduate of a CA state approved program that provides 90 or more hours of classroom instruction in dietetic service supervision, or 90 hours or more of combined classroom instruction and instructor led interactive Web-based instruction in dietetic service supervision.
Experience: Minimum 5 years recent progressive management experience in healthcare or institutional nutrition and food service required.
Licenses and/or Certifications: CA Food Manager Certification, ServSafe Manager Certification, and CEH certified through IEH or CHESP certified through AHE preferred.
Job: Nutritional Services - Food
Organization: Watsonville Hospital
Requisition ID: 1832666